In order to carry out the tasks such as performance evaluation, assessment, accreditation and quality up-gradation in a systematic manner, an Internal Quality Assurance Cell (IQAC) has been established at Techno India University, West Bengal. Since quality enhancement is a continuous process, the IQAC has to become an integral part of the University academic system and work towards realization of the goals of quality enhancement and sustenance. The principal task of the IQAC is to develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic improvement in the overall performance of the University.
IQAC shall evolve mechanisms and procedures for ensuring timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic and administrative tasks. It will also ensure the relevance and quality of academic and research programs. Moreover, equitable access to and affordability of academic programs for various sections of society has to be ascertained by IQAC. It further has to ensure optimization and integration of modern methods of teaching and learning, the credibility of evaluation procedures. IQAC will also make sure adequacy, maintenance and proper allocation of support structure and services, and sharing of research findings and networking with other institutions in India and abroad.
To develop a system for conscious, consistent and catalytic action to improve the academic and administrative performance of the University.
To promote measures for University institutional functioning towards quality improvement through internalization of internalization of quality culture and institutionalization of best practices.
1. Chairperson: The Vice Chancellor
2. A few senior administrative officers
3. Representative from Management
4. Teachers to represent all levels
5. One nominee each from local society, students and alumni
6. One nominee from Employers / Industrialist/Stakeholders.
7. Director: The Pro Vice Chancellor
8. Jt Director: Director, Academics
9. Convener: Dean, Engineering
a) Development and application of quality benchmarks, parameters for various academic
and administrative activities of the University
b) Facilitating the creation of a learner-centric environment conducive to quality education and faculty maturation to adopt the required knowledge and technology for participatory teaching and learning process
c) Arrangement for feedback response from students, parents and other stakeholders on quality related institutional processes
d) Dissemination of information on various quality parameters of higher education
e) Organization of inter and intra institutional workshops, seminars on quality related themes
f) Documentation of the various programs / activities leading to quality improvement
g) Acting as a nodal agency of the University for coordination of quality-related activities including adoption and dissemination of best practices
h) Development of Quality Culture in the University.
a) Ascertaining timely, efficient and progressive performance of academic and administrative tasks as per the Academic calendar.
b) Audit of Student performance
c) Audit of Co-curricular and extra-curricular activities
d) Attendance Monitoring
e) Conduct Laboratory Audit
f) Ensure student counseling, mentoring etc.
g) Ensuring that OBE is adopted in the University.
h) Feedback & Action Taken Report & Analysis
i) Ensuring preparation of course files
j) Ensuring modern teaching learning pedagogy is used
k) Ascertaining quality of admission
l) Ascertaining quality in research publication
m) Ascertaining quality of placement record
n) Ensuring grievances handled record.
o) Academic Audit
1. Data and Documents required from the Heads of the Department
2. Data and Documents required from the Faculty members
3. Data and Documents required from the Administration
4. Data and Documents required from the Examination Cell
5. Data and Documents required from the Admission Cell
6. Data and Documents required about the Alumni
7. Data and Documents required about the General Infrastructure
8. Data and Documents required about the IT Infrastructure
9. Data and Documents required about the Research Infrastructure
10. Data and Documents required from the Library
11. Data and Documents required about Student Welfare