TECHNO INDIA UNIVERSITY, WEST BENGAL GUIDELINES FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS
LOCATION OF TECHNO INDIA UNIVERSITY, WEST BENGAL
Techno India University, West Bengal is located at Salt Lake Sector V at a distance of 15 km from Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport, Dum Dum.
WHAT MUST BE DONE BEFORE COMING TO INDIA
International students must obtain a Student Visa before travelling to India. Once a student has been issued a Confirmed Admission Letter to study at the University, he/she should immediately apply for Student Visa.
For additional information in VISA, please visit VISA ASSISTANCE tab in our official website
WHAT MUST BE DONE AFTER COMING TO INDIA
REPORTING AT Techno India University, West Bengal
New academic session is scheduled to start from………………………… . The suggested reporting date for foreign students will be in between ………………… and ……………………. . Foreign students shall obtain Study Visa (Stamped by the name of “Techno India University”) from Indian Embassy in their native/home country. Hence, it is the responsibility of students to apply and obtain Student Visa timely so as to avoid delay in reporting at the university campus. Any delay in reporting due to Visa reasons will be sole responsibility of the student. Student arriving before reporting date shall make their own stay arrangements until hostel is allocated to them.
FRRO REGISTRATION FOR THE LOCAL RESIDENCE PERMIT (NOT APPLICABLE in case of Nepalese and Bhutanese students)
As per Bureau of Immigration, India, foreigners visiting India on long term (more than 180 days), Student Visa (S) (including those coming for study of Yoga, Vedic Culture, Indian System of dance and music), Research Visa (R), Employment Visa (E), Missionary Visa (M), Medical Visa (M) or Medical Attendant Visa (MX) are required to get themselves registered with concerned FRRO/FRO within 14 days of his/her first arrival, irrespective of the duration of their stay. It is suggested for all students to complete the FRO registration process within 14 days of first arrival in India, No Fee is charged for registration, but a penalty in Indian currency equivalent to US $ 30/(Rs 1395/- ), in case of late registration, is charged.
REQUIREMENTS AT THE TIME OF FRRO REGISTRATION
Every foreign student at the time of Registration, shall furnish, such information in registration report, as may be in his possession for the purpose of satisfying the Registration Officer and shall, on being required, shall sign the registration report in the presence of the said officer and shall thereupon be entitled to receive from the said officer a certificate of registration. Foreign Students are required to submit the following:
• 4 recent passport size photographs
• Photocopy of photo page of Passport and valid Indian Visa page of the Passport
• Proof of residential address in India, Documents of identification and
• In case of Student Visa, bonafide certificate from School/College/University
On arrival at TIU, all international students are strongly advised to report at Division of International Affairs Office (DIA) and undergo University Registration process. On registration with DIA and Admission Cell of TIU, students shall obtain:
• Unique Registration Number
• ID card
• Class Schedule and Section
• Student Internet ID & Password This entire process of University Registration is carried under the guidance of the Division of International Affairs, International Admission Cell, TIU Campus, in coordination with Admission Cell.
International students must carry the following documents for University Registration:
• Original and photocopy of Academic Transcripts
• Original and photocopy of Passing/Qualifying Certificate
• Tuition Fees – Minimum One Semester Tuition Fees
• Fees deposit Receipt/Proof for full semester fees deposited by student
• 6 passport size color photographs
• Original work experience certificate (if applicable)
• Original Residential Address Proof
• Original and Photocopy of Passport, National ID, OCI/PIO card (whichever is applicable)
• Photocopy of Indian Visa stamped in the name of Techno India University (NOT APPLICABLE for Bhutanese and Nepalese students)
• Residential Permit obtained from Local FRO Office (NOT APPLICABLE for Bhutanese and Nepalese students)
It is mandatory to carry the original certificates to the campus for verification. Every student reporting at the TIU Campus is required to submit the following Undertaking and Legal Affidavit
• Undertaking and Indemnification Signed by the Applicant.
• Indemnification signed by Parents/Legal Guardian of the Applicant.
• Legal Affidavit (Annexure – I) duly Signed and Verified by the Applicant (As per Government of India Laws)
• Legal Affidavit (Annexure – II) duly Signed and Verified by the Parents/Legal Guardian of the Applicant (As per Government of India Laws)