Our eminent faculty members have been granted several research SERB, DST and other government and prominent non-government funded projects in regular intervals which produced innovative and productive research works in the field of Technology and Scientific developments. Listed projects are only few of them.
• Dr. Sourav Bhattacharya, Biotechnology Department, "High frequency in-vitro propagation of Porteresia coarctata and analysis of polyamine content under salinity stress”, SERB, 19.34 lakhs, 2019.
• Prof. Harendra Nath Bhattacharya, Earth Science Department, SERB, DST Sponsored project “A comprehensive sedimentological model for accreting tidal flats in a modern wave-dominated Subarnarekha river mouth estuarine system along the coast of Bay of Bengal, eastern India, SERB, DST, 5.17 lakhs, 2019.
• Dr. Srabani Karmakar, Biotechnology Department, “Molecular mechanism of the protein aggregation and its modulation by peptide chaperones in myopathy caused by mutations in αB crystallin” , SERB (TARE), 18.30 Lakhs, 2018.
• Ms. Amrita Muherjee, Earth Science Department, Women Scientist Project, DST “Sedimentation pattern in a paleoproterzoic continental rift basin, aravalli supergroup of Udaipur Valley, Rajasthan”, DST, Govt. of India, 15.81 lakhs, 2018.
• Dr. Mourani Sinha, Mathematics Department, “Estimation of design and operational wave height statistics to assess coastal vulnerability along the east coast of India”, Space Application Centre (ISRO), Ahmedabad, 16.66 lakhs, 2017.
• Dr. Mourani Sinha, Mathematics Department, “Data Adaptive Ocean Parameters from SCATSAT-1 Wind”, ISRO, Ahmedabad, 32.08 lakhs, 2017.
• Dr. Atanu Kotal, Chemistry Department, “Synthesis of Sequence-Regulated Functional Polymers by Controlled/Living Radical Polymerization and its Application towards Material Science”, SERB, 17 lakhs, 2016
• Prof. Asit Baran Bhattacharya, Electronics and Communication Engineering Department, “Signal degradation at VLF to VHF bands due to transient disturbances”, Radio Astronomy Supplies, Texas, USA and NASA supported observatories of USA , INR 92 lakhs, 2016.
• Dr. Mourani Sinha, Mathematics Department, “Telecommunications of ENSO and IOD on Ocean Wave Parameters”, SERB under DST, 14.99 Lakhs, 2014.
1. Core Research Grant (CRG)
Research areas: Chemical Sciences, Earth and Atmospheric Sciences, Electrical, Electronics & Computer Engineering, Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering & Robotics, Civil, Infrastructure & Transportation Engineering, Materials, Mining & Minerals Engineering, Chemical and Environmental Engineering, Biomedical and Health Sciences, Interdisciplinary Biological Sciences, Organismal and Evolutionary Biology, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences, Exponential Technology
2. National Mission on Interdisciplinary Cyber Physical Systems (NM-ICPS)
Research areas: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Technologies for Internet of Things and Everything (IOT & IOE), Sensors, Activators and Control Databanks & Data Services, Data Analytics, Advanced Communication Systems, Robotics & Autonomous Systems, Cyber Security and Cyber Security for Physical Infrastructure and other related areas.
3. SERB Science and Technology Award for Research (SERB-STAR)
Research areas: frontier areas of science and engineering
4. Industry Relevant R & D (IRRD)
Research areas: industrially relevant areas
5. Empowerment and Equity Opportunities for Excellence in Science (EMEQ)
Research areas: active researcher from the Scheduled Caste or Scheduled Tribe category in frontier areas of science and engineering
6. Intensification of Research in High Priority Area (IRHPA)
Research areas: high priority areas where multidisciplinary / multiinstitutional expertise is required
7. Start-up Research Grant (SRG)
Research areas: Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Life Sciences, Physical & Mathematical Sciences
Research areas: Mathematical Sciences, Theoretical Sciences, Quantitative Social Sciences
9. International Travel Support (ITS)
Research areas: financial assistan ce for presenting a research paper in an international scientific event or for attending training programmes, Short-term schools and Workshops.
10. Assistance to Professional Bodies & Seminars/Symposia
Research areas: partial support for organizing seminar / symposia/ training programmes / workshops / conferences at national as well as international level.
11. National Post Doctoral Fellowship (N-PDF)
Research areas: Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences
12. SERB Research Scientists Scheme
Research areas: Chemical Sciences, Earth & Atmospheric Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Life Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Physical Sciences
12. Major Research Project (MRP)
Research areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Languages, Literature, Pure sciences, Engineering & Technology, Pharmacy, Medical, Agricultural Sciences etc.
13. Faculty Research Promotion Schemes (FRPS)
Researh areas: Physical Sciences, Chemical Sciences, Mathematical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Engineering Sciences, Earth Sciences, Medical Sciences